Tuesday 25 June 2013

Blog Marathon Post 12. Cats I live with

How can this marathon be complete without the mention of my beloved cats? I have had the honour of living with two of them and have met quite a few of these awesome creatures.

I was blessed when the first one entered my life more than eight years ago. She was the tiniest, awesomest thing me and my brother had ever seen!

Two and a half months back, we got one more in our lives, and though it gets a little crazy with all the hissing and growling as they are not friends yet, we would not have it any other way. 

They have made our lives so much richer and joyous. We cannot thank our stars enough everyday. 

I cannot imagine a life without them. This is the elder one, Penny:

And the younger one, Zeus:

They look similar but are strikingly different in temperament. Penny is quite short tempered and does not like to be unnecessarily disturbed. Zeus, on the other, loves to play with us.

But though Penny likes her daily petting, Zeus doesn't like it much; he would rather sink his tiny, sharp teeth into our hands. He is small, but spirited, and very loving.

Penny is quite fluffy, very dignified, and has either a stoic expression on her face or an astonished one, especially when too much activity is happening around her. Of course, the completely uninterested and disdainful expression that all cats master sooner or later is also in her repertoire. Zeus is yet to master this one, but I am sure he will catch up.

It's pure joy just to share space with them, everything else that they bring with them is bonus.

Here are some cat facts, which I whole heartedly agree with:




No comments: